Tuesday 29 January 2013

The Curse of Beauty - Anne Ireland



The Curse of Beauty - Anne Ireland 

About the book: 
Angelina is haunted by a dream lover. Alone, with no one to care for her, when her father gives her in marriage, to a man she has never met, she can only obey. Is she doomed once more to bitter grief? What mystery haunts the castle, stalking the dark corners like a black fiend—and can she pass through terrible danger to find happiness at last?

4/5 

My Review: 
Picking up this book I did not know what to expect and have not read this author before, but with the blurb catching my interest I thought I would give it a try and I was not disappointed at all. Right from the beginning the story captures the reader and pulls them in, interweaving it's way into their mind and making you not want to put it down until you know what is happening and where everything will end up. Yes I read the whole thing in one sitting and didn't put it down until I was finished. The characters grew and developed and even had a few surprises to throw in there too along the way. The story pulled and grabbed you taking a hold and not letting go. The flow and pace that the author set waxed and waned as it should always managing to get you yo want to turn the next page, just one more chapter....... For lovers of the genre I would recommend you go and get a copy of this and give it a read the story is interesting and told in a different way than I have seen before. Love, passion, mystery and sex all rolled into one short book. What more could a reader ask for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment