Thursday 7 February 2013

Embracing My Submission - Jenna Jacob



Embracing my submission - Jenna Jacob 

About the book:
Haunted for years by dreams of a savage, amber eyed Dominant with lips so enticing my soul ached in frustration and lust. None of the Dominants at Genesis, my local BDSM club ever stirred me in such blistering ways. While I tried to fill my submissive desires vicariously through interactions at the club, I attempted to convince myself it was enough. But it wasn’t. My dream Dom made certain I hungered for more.

Forced beyond what I could bear, my passion and frustration exploded. I threw in the towel, determined to stop chasing a dream and gave up completely on finding submissive surrender. But fate intervened when two gunshots split the night. Forced to confront my desires and insecurities, I was shocked to realize that my dreams may have held a deeper meaning. Were they compelling me to finally embrace my submission?

4.5/5

My Review:
On receiving this book for review I was looking forward to seeing what it held between its pages. So true to form I couldn't wait to open it and start reading and I wasn't disappointed. Right from the first page the book has you hooked and pulled into the world surrounding Emerald and what it is she has always dreamed of becoming. The story flows so well it leaves you just reading and reading, totally immersed in her world and what is happening around her all of the time. Her thoughts and feeling so well portrayed and believable that you feel like you work your way through all of the issues she has surrounding what she is and what she wants to become. Finding out all about her life before and the struggles and pain she went through in the search for her one true dream leaves you in no doubt as to who and what she is and what it is she is giving up to follow her path in life and get the feeling she desperately needs. Her true sass and ability to work through everything and be the strong independent woman she has become is heart warming and inspiring to all. I really do want to follow on with her and see if he always manages to get what it is she deserves in life. Mika is a true and complex character. yet he leaves you in no doubt as to who and what he is. Although with a few twists and turns in his own story he still makes you feel the love and deep routed need within him. He truly is a loveable character that you can open your heart to and let him in and with that the author has managed to portray him in such a way that it leaves you in no doubt at all. Drake well what can I say such a heart warming and well rounded character taking and giving all that he is in the roles he takes on, protecting and making sure that those in his life that surround and comfort him are always well taken care of and have what they need, yet being only human he too shows his flaws and his basic issues in life and how he deals with those. Trevor..................... Oh I loved him as a character although not in the forefront of this book he inspires and begs to be loved, so full of heard and compassion you can't help but feel his depth of emotion and his true identity of self and understanding as to what he is and what is expected of him. I found myself waiting for the sections that contain him knowing he would bring yet another dimension to the overall story. All of the background and secondary characters are written and executed in such a way that you have no quibble with knowing that the author knows each and everyone of them in depth and had no issues in making sure their voices too were heard coming out from the pages. This story really is one for the lovers of this genre and I urge you to go out and get a copy of this book, I know you will sit and read and not want to put it down. All credit to the author and the way she manages to tell the story and keep the reader engaged and entertained. I found myself laughing and smiling although also feeling horror and sadness when the characters and story called for it. I will be looking out for more instalments from this series and more books from this author.  

No comments:

Post a Comment